For the 24th edition of the Rendez-vous de la Francophonie, whose theme is “Traditions” and which takes place throughout the month of March, the ministers of the Ministers’ Council on the Canadian Francophonie are celebrating the Francophonie across Canada.
- Quebec Minister Sonia LeBel reminds us that March is the month of the Rendez-vous de la Francophonie in this Video.
- Minister Colton LeBlanc invites you to celebrate the rich and inclusive culture of the Francophonie throughout Nova Scotia in this Video.
- Ontario Minister Caroline Mulroney says in this Video that March is an opportunity to highlight the valuable political, cultural, social, and economic assets of the Franco-Ontarian community. Read also the Statement.
- Alberta Minister Ron Orr issued a Statement inviting his fellow citizens to embrace the amazing Francophone cultures.
- Todd Goudy, Legislative Secretary for Francophone Affairs in Saskatchewan, also issued a Statement encouraging to learn about Francophone culture and participate in Francophone activities during this month, regardless of language or culture.
- Minister R.J. Simpson issued a Statement indicating that the Francophone community in the Northwest Territories is an important component of the society and a significant contributor to social, economic, and cultural development.
- In a Virtual Celebration, Minister Adrian Dix announced that British Columbia would begin work on a French Language Services policy for the 20th Journée de la Francophonie of the province.
- Federal Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor issued the following Statement for the Semaine nationale de la francophonie.
- Dennis King, Premier of Prince Edward Island issued this Statement on International Francophonie Day.
- The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, also issued the following Statement on the International Day of La Francophonie on March 20.
- Glen Savoie, minister responsible for La Francophonie in New-Brunswick, issued he following Statement on the occasion of International Francophonie Day.
- The Governor General of Canada Mary Simon also issued the following Message for March 20, 2022.
For more information about the Journée internationale de la Francophonie 2022.